Headscarves: Friend or Faux Paux?

Ok, so I reside in Northern California where in the winter time we get this great stuff called fog!!! Fog is the most horriblest stuff (yeah I said horriblest) because as far as I am concerned it has absolutely no purpose!  It isnt like rain where its something that is needed by the flowers and trees and whatnot, it is just something that happens and comes and gets on everyones nerves!!

So with that being said, this morning as I am driving to work, I began to notice more and more young ladies with headscarves on their heads. But they werent the "fashionable day wear" headscarves, I mean these were doo-rags, cheetah print wraps, floral patterned scarves.  I even saw a couple of bright purple, red, even a tan one... now come on!!! So I began to think to myself  "Is this a fashion statement now, or are they trying to lay there heair down in the fog?"  Which makes a lot of sense because the fog does some "fun stuff" to my hair I can admit.  Now I like the fashionable scarves... those that are worn as fashion, BUT you can tell the ones that are wearing it for fashion or functionality.  My thing is this, functional scarves should not be worn in public... Period!! lol Ladies, dont go outside with a doo-rag on, I dont care how flat you want your hair to be.  There is absolutely nothing even remotely cute or lady like about that.  Keep a brush and some moisturizer in your purse or backpack.

So after reading this ramble your rule of thumb should be if you sleep in your scarf on a nightly basis, that is classified as a functional scarf.  If you wear the scarf only occasionally and you spent over $5 on it, for the most part is is a fashionable scarf! :-)

I hope that my ramble gave you a little bit to think about as well as smile at!  Also, hopefully before you go out the house with a scarf on your head you will think twice!!  lol

Toodles-

Jen

Comments

Popular Posts