If you aint got no money take yo broke *** home!!!



Ok, so this random thought came to mind the other day.  I was driving in the car and the Black Eyed Peas song came on, and Fergie said something to the effect of "my daddy always told me if you aint got no money take yo broke a** home", and it got me thinking about how many people that I know, including myself at times have or have had our priorities totally out of whack, and are the first to cry broke, but at the first moment that we get, we spend the little bit of money that we have by doing things that we know shouldnt be done at that moment... they arent a priority!

So where does this come from?  Where does this mentality of having to do something even though you know you dont have the means to do those things. But you must go see this movie, or buy this bag... but while your buying that bag or going to that movie your bills are late, your cable is about to get cut off, and you have $2 in your wallet!!

I honestly don't know, but I do know that I am making a personal effort to rid that from my brain!! This year when I made my 2011 goal list one of the first things on it was, if you dont need it dont buy it!!  For the most part, I have stuck to it...(ok, ok I did slip up when I was in So Cal on business, but the blazer was so inexpensive and I was able to wear it to work! :-) )

But I guess my major point to this ramble is dont talk about being broke every darn day of the week, but you steady out at the clubs or restaurant or buying things that you really dont need, and your priorities arent getting taken care of!!  I guess bluntly put, get your ish together!!! lol

Alrighty I guess my rant, ramble, and rave is done for the evening...You all have an amazing evening and I would love to hear your feedback on this topic!! Until tomorrow...

Toodles!
Jen

Comments

Popular Posts