$72 worth of groceries for $26... This really works!!


Ok, so yesterday I made my first shopping trip test, and man oh man... I was/am juiced!  With coupons in hand and a somewhat shopping plan in mind, I made my way into Safeway... Goal not to spend more then $15... Well I didnt make my goal., I ended up spending $26, but it was for $72 worth of groceries!!!

Yep thats right you heard me... I saved 65%!!  I have to admit, while I was at the register my heart was beating because hell I was scared... because I knew damn well I didnt have $30+ to spend on groceries... thank God I had the extra $20 in the car!! But even the checkstand guy was in awe... he said well done Ms. Bernard... well done!!

So let me tell you what I got just to show you the practicality and how you can save a lot of money on stuff that is actually used and I didnt have to buy 20+deodorants to get a deal!!

8 Yoplait yogurts- .37 each
2 boxes of cereal- .99 and 1.88 (Kix and Lucky Charms)
3 boxesHamburger Helper- .99 each
Magnum Ice cream- FREE
Osacr Mayer Shaved Deli Ham- $2.36 (I just realized I messed up on this purchase... could have bought another  pack and saved $1.00)
2 bags of Boulder potato chips- $1.50 each (regular price $3.00 a bag)
18 count Eggs- $1.89
2 boxes of Nature Valley granola Bars-$1.50 each
2 Fuze drinks- $.39 each
Wonder Bread Smart Bread- $1.05 
Kraft Mayonnaise- $2 something! lmao

So as you can see... I bought practical items, for a damn good price!! Oh by the way... I shopped at Safeway.  Alrighty peoples... I am outta here, about to get my papers, and plan my next shopping excursion!! Until my next ramble.

Toodles!!
Jen

Comments

Popular Posts