Foodie Blast: BLT Chicken Caesar Pizza

Ok, so I cannot take credit for this amazing recipe.  I have swiped this from my foodie conesieur Miss Rachel.  I plan throughout the summer with her permission to forward some of her amazing recipes... but this one hands down has me ready to fire up the grill (if I had one lol) and channel my inner Italiano!!

Alrighty here is the yummy goodness... Once again thank you Rachel for allowing me to share!!!

"This is a great pizza to do on the grill as well - I love to grill the romaine before tossing in the dressing when I make it on the grill - adds a great smoked flavor to it."- Rachel S-S

For Pizza:
  • 3/4 pound chicken tenders/breast sliced thin
  • 1 c your fave italian marinade (i used a roasted garlic one)
  • 1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing, plus 2 tablespoons
  • 4 slices cooked chopped bacon
  • small pint grape tomatoes, sliced
  • 1 large shallot, sliced
  • 1 (12-inch) thin pizza crust
  • 1 3/4 cups shredded italian cheese of your choice (asiago, mozzarella, fontina, romano etc - i used 1 c smoked mozzarella and 3/4 cup italian blend from Trader J's)
  • 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
For Salad Topping:
  • 4 cups hearts of romaine, shredded
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice 
  • 1/4 cup Caesar salad dressing
  • 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
Marinate your chicken in the italian seasoning marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 450 or follow your pizza crust instructions (example Pillsbury has you do a quick par-bake before adding the toppings).

Cook bacon, remove to drain.
Cook tomatoes and shallots with salt and pepper to taste in bacon pan on medium until caramelized (about 6-8 minutes), remove with slotted spoon.
Remove chicken from marinade and cook over medium heat until cooked thru.  Remove and let it rest for 5 minutes. Slice chicken into bite size pieces.  Toss with 1/2 c caesar dressing.
Brush pizza crust with remaining 2 tablespoons of dressing and top with cheeses, bacon and tomato; add chicken to pizza.
Cook pizza for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted and begun to bubble.

While pizza is cooking, toss shredded romaine with lemon juice. Add 1/4 cup dressing and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Toss and set aside.

Top the pizza with the salad. Serve immediately.

I hope you all try it and enjoy... I know I will!!!

Until the next ramble or foodie blast!!

Toodles!!
Jen

Comments

Popular Posts